Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand what personal information we collect in the course of operating our business and our website “www.onego.nl” and how we use, communicate and disclose and make use of this information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with the principles in this Policy order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
In this Policy when we refer to “we”/“us”/“our” we mean Onego Shipping & Chartering B.V. and our international offices and also other companies and entities that are associated with us. Our registered office is in the Netherlands, (3161 ED) Rhoon at the address Spui 24. You can find contact details for our other locations in the Contact Us section of our website.
This Policy describes:
- The information that we collect
- Purposes and grounds of use
- How we share information with third parties
- Keeping your information and
- Third party websites
- Your choices and rights
- Contact and complaints
We may revise this Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are binding on you.
- The information that we collect
“Personal information” is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you and which we have in our possession or control. In the course of operating our business and our website we collect the following personal information about you:
- Information that you provide to us
We will process personal information that you give to us including when you email us or contact us through various channels as follows:
- In connection with our services – If you are a customer of Onega, you will provide us with personal information when you or the company you represent becomes a customer. If you are not a customer, we may collect or receive your personal information from third parties such as our customers, because you are doing business with one of our customers (e.g. as a counterparty in transports). That information could include your name, contact details and other information relevant to the services that we are providing to our customer.
- Signing up for services or apply for a role using our website – When you sign up for newsletters, events or obtain services from us, when you contact us with queries or respond to our communication, the personal information you provide may include your full name, title, telephone number, email address and content, date and time of your email correspondence and information about your employer or your business. When you apply for a role with us you may provide us with your full name, date of birth, nationality, education and qualification details, your gender, your CV, photograph, passport details, marital status, home address and home telephone number, mobile telephone number and other details set out in your application.
We will also collect information about when you visit our website. We may, for example, collect information about the type of device you use to access the website, your IP address and your geographic location, the operating system and version, your browser type, the content you view and features you access on our websites, the web pages and the search terms you enter on our websites.
2. Purposes and grounds of use
Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes of use of the information that is being collected. We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law. We therefore may do the following with your personal information:
- use it to provide services to the relevant customer
- use it to engage in marketing and business development activity in relation to our services. This may include sending you newsletters, updates, marketing communications and other information that may be of interest to you
- where you have applied for a position with us, to review and process your job application
- use it to look into any complaints or queries you may have and establish, exercise or defend our rights or for the purpose of proceedings
- record and monitor your use of our websites or our other online services for our business purposes which may include analysis of usage, measurement of site performance and generation of marketing reports
- use it for our legitimate business interests, such as undertaking business research and analysis, managing the operation of our websites and our business
We rely on the following grounds to process your personal information, namely:
- Consent – We may (but usually do not) need consent to use personal information.
- Performance of a contract – we may need to collect and use personal information to enter into or to perform our obligations under a contract with our customers.
- Legitimate interest – we may use personal information for our legitimate interests, some examples of which are given above.
We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling the purposes specified above, unless as required by law or regulation.
3. How we share information with third parties
We may share personal information with subsidiaries or business partners to carry out transactions you request, or to make our business or that of our subsidiaries more responsive to our client’s needs. This may include:
- Third party agents/suppliers or contractors in connection with the processing of personal information for the purposes described in this Policy. This may include, but is not limited to retailers, resellers, distributors and IT- and communications service providers.
- To the extent required by law, regulation or court order, for example, if we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
We will only share personal information with business partners who agree to protect personal information and use it solely for the purposes set forth by us.
Transfer of personal information outside Europe
Where we transfer your personal information outside Europe, we will ensure that the country or to which we send the personal information is approved by the European Commission , the recipient signed a contract based on “model contractual clauses” approved by the European Commission, obliging them to protect your personal information, or – where the recipient is located in the US – it’s a certified member of the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme.
4. Keeping your information
How long we hold your personal information for will vary and will depend principally on:
- the purpose for which we are using your personal information – we will need to keep the information for as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of the relevant purpose.
- legal obligations – laws or regulation may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your personal information.
We will ensure that the personal information that we hold is subject to appropriate security measures against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. The ways we do this include:
- Physical access to our premises is limited.
- Electronic information is transmitted either through a direct line or is anonymized or encrypted.
- External consultants and agencies with access to personal information must enter into privacy agreements with us.
If despite the security measures taken by us, a security incident takes place that is likely to have adverse consequences for your privacy, we will inform you as soon as possible about the measures we have taken to limit the consequences and prevent repetition in the future.
6. Third party websites
This Policy does not apply to websites of third parties that are connected to our website by means of links. We cannot guarantee that these websites handle your personal data in a reliable or secure way. Always read the privacy statement of these websites before using the relevant website for more information about how they handle your personal information.
7. Your choices and rights
You are entitled to exercise the following rights:
- the right of access to the processed data;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to be forgotten;
- the right to limit the processing;
- a notification duty;
- the right to transfer data.
We will comply with your request, unless we have a compelling, justified interest in not removing the personal information, which rights weighs heavier than your privacy interest. If we have deleted the data, for technical reasons we cannot immediately remove all copies of the data from our systems and backup systems. We may refuse to comply with the aforementioned requests if they are made unreasonably often, demand unreasonably heavy technical efforts or have unreasonably severe technical consequences for our systems or endanger the privacy of others.
You can make the aforementioned requests or objection by sending a letter with your name, address, telephone number and a copy of a valid proof of identity via email@example.com. Please make your BSN unreadable on the copy of the ID and cover the passport photo before you send it to us. You will receive an answer within 4 weeks.
Our websites uses our own and third-party “cookies”. A cookie is a piece of text that is placed on your computer’s hard drive. Depending on the settings you have selected, your browser adds the text to your device as a small file.
Many browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies as you prefer. The Help portion of your web browser, most likely found on the toolbar, typically tells you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of our websites and services that depend on cookies.
9. Contact and complaints
If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices, please write to us at the address on our website or contact our Information Officer using firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that we have not replied to your access request or has not handled your personal information in a reasonable manner, please address your concerns with our Information Officer. If you are still concerned after contacting the Information Officer, you may also choose to make a complaint to the relevant licensing authority using the following link: